Friday, November 10, 2006

To Twink, Or not to Twink, that is the question?

With the introduction of cross sever battlegrounds many people have learned that twinking, (maxing out your characters potential with the best possible gear and enchants available) isn’t an option anymore as much as it is a necessity.

This leaves the question why twink when then only reason you twinked to begin with was to be twinked when no one else was twinking?

Is there much point to twinking anymore?

Is there any sanity out there???

I remember twinking out my first character. It was a troll Shaman on the Durotan server. Wow, I had a lot of fun twining back then, especially when I could frost shock, earth bind and ghost wolf around with the flag. I got geared to the max just about, and even used engineering to blow my competition to shreds. But then I kind of got bored of winning. Horde always won that bracket on my server back then.

So I decided to make a 29 Gnome rogue to see if I could get the alliance to win. Before you knew it I was 29 and our guild, (organized pvp) was pwning left and right. Of course no one was a twink back then besides 2 or 3 people per side. It was fun to twink, it actually had a point, you could see who were good twinks, and who just plain sucked at the game even when they were twinks. You could individually turn the tide of the battle in your sides favor on a whim.

Now days though, twinking is just plain boring. Everybody is doing it. You can get two shoted by just about any twink these days. Guess its time to go play AV where no one twinks, right? Right???

No comments: